Talking Eye 2 Exhibit is open at the Adobe Art Gallery
- exhibit dates: July 31 – September 13, 2014
- exhibit gallery hours: 11am – 3pm, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- reception: 2pm – 4pm, Saturday, August 16. Free/All are invited.
- exhibit catalog will be available for purchase AT the gallery on Sat., Aug. 16 for $25 (including tax).
- location: 20395 San Miguel Ave., Castro Valley (just north of Castro Valley Blvd, in the Adobe Art Center, at the end of the driveway that runs by the skateboard & bocce ball areas)
- Exhibiting Artists: Chris Blough · Sheila Botein · Steven Bright · Cindy Buske · Nadine Defranoux · Barbara duBois · Donna Eck · Stephen Elbert · Carmina Eliason · Suzanne Engelberg · Andrea Ewald · Mark Franklin · Juanita Hemanes · Susan Hillyard · Elizabeth Kenneday · Mark Kinrade · Michal Koralewski · Patricia Leeds · Yvonne Lu · Charles Marut · Carol Matre · Heather McAlister · Jessica McDowell · Michael Nathan · Terayuth Ngamvilaipun · Katherine Ogg · Amo Passicos · Tony Perez · Mark Pinto · Chad Rankin · Diane Roberts · Eleonora Ronconi · Susan Thompson · Anne Thurston · Bianca Tummings · Bob Weil
Individual Juror Award Recipients ($200) are:
- Heather McAlister for Shadow Stories, selected by Kate Jordahl
- Elizabeth Kenneday for “Jokhang Temple, Lhasa, Tibet” selected by David Pace
- Michal Koralewski for “Self Portrait”, selected by Danny Sanchez
Congratulations to all!
Thank you Jurors, Kate Jordahl, David Pace and Danny Sanchez !!! Jurors comments:
Kate Jordahl “It has been an interesting and thought-provoking experience to be a juror for “Talking Eye 2.” Like the innovative “hand camera” that Alfred Steiglitz used in his photographic explorations of the New York streets early in the 20th century, cell phone cameras offer spontaneity and new opportunities and challenges for the photographic artist in the 21st century. In choosing the images for inclusion in the exhibition and for recognition, I searched for images where the photographer used the limitations to make lasting images that are simply good photographs. The photographs exhibited here fulfill the challenge to make images that transcend tools and communicate ideas in a powerful manner. Using these cameras that are always in our pockets, these photographers’ work expand our communal photographic vision. Congratulations to the photographers and to the “Talking Eye 2” organizers for another intriguing exhibition.”
David Pace “I was impressed by the variety of subjects and approaches and the overall quality of the work.
Danny Sanchez “Amazing! That is the word that comes to mind with regards to jurying The Talking Eye 2 exhibition. Whether left up to chance, for the App gods to decide the outcome, or carefully crafted through multiple applications, it is exciting to see artists embrace this new genre for image making. One of my favorite quotes by Ansel Adams is, “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.”
Click here to see 2014 Winners Gallery!!!
Talking Eye, is part of the Adobe Art Gallery in Castro Valley, California. The Adobe Art Gallery is a program and facility of the Hayward Area Recreation and Park District.